Child Support Information
Find out how one can request to change a name or address on a current case.
Read about initial filings, enforcing child support, and how to establish a case.
To make payments of child support either with the State Disbursement Unit or with the McLennan County District Clerk’s Office, an account must be established after a written order is entered by the Court.
The District Clerk's Office can provide a payment history to anyone who asks.
View policies of the District Clerk's Office in regards to processing child support payments.
- Where are you located?
- Are you an enforcement agency?
- Where can I make payments in person?
- Where do I mail my child support payments?
- To whom do I make my check payable?
- Who is the payor/payee?
- What methods of payments do you accept?
- When will my payment be posted?
- When are payments sent out?
- Can I get a record of all the payments I have made or a payment history printout?
- Can I receive my child support check the same day the payment is made?
- I sent my payment in with no cause number or account number, what do I need to do?
- What if I receive a payment that is not my normal amount?
- What is your process for handling items returned by my bank?
- When is my payment considered late?
- How can I get my employer to automatically withdraw child support from my check?