Voting by Mail
NOTE: The last day to apply for ballot by mail (received, not postmarked) for the November 2, 2021 Joint General Election is October 22, 2021 @ 5 PM.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION FOR BALLOT BY MAIL
Registered McLennan County voters may vote by mail if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Voter is 65 years of age or older on Election Day.
- Voter is disabled or has a sickness that prevents the voter from appearing at the polling place on Election Day without a likelihood of needing personal assistance or injuring the voter's health.
- Voter is expecting to give birth within 3 weeks before or after Election Day.
- Voter will be absent from McLennan County during Early Voting and Election Day. Voter must provide an out-of-county mailing address for the ballot.
- Voter is confined in jail but eligible to vote or Involuntary Civil Commitment.
ANNUAL APPLICATION FOR BALLOT BY MAIL
Registered voters who are 65 years of age or older or disabled qualify for an Annual Application for Ballot by Mail. Checking the "Annual Application" option in Block 6a on the application ensures that you will receive a mailed ballot for all applicable elections during the calendar year.
Applicants may submit an Application for Ballot by Mail beginning January 1st of each year.
Voters may submit an Application for Ballot by Mail by the following methods:
- In person: A voter may hand deliver only their own application;
NOTE: Once early voting begins, you may not hand deliver an application.
- By mail to: Early Voting Clerk, P.O. Box 2450, Waco, Texas 75703
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By fax to: (254) 757-5041.
NOTE: If you email or fax your application, you must also mail the original and it must be received in our office within 4 business days.
For an emailed or faxed application to be accepted, the Application for Ballot by Mail MUST ALSO be mailed and received within 4 business days of the email or fax date.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FEDERAL POST CARD APPLICATION (FPCA)
You may vote by FPCA if you are:
- An active duty member, spouse and dependent(s) of the U.S. Armed Forces or Merchant Marine absent from and claiming McLennan County as your legal residence; or
- A U.S. citizen residing outside of the United States and claiming McLennan County as your legal residence; or
- A member of the Texas National Guard, spouse and dependent(s) under an order of the President of the United States or activated on state orders; or
- A member of the National Guard of another state and situated in Texas, spouse and dependent(s) under an order of the President of the United States or activated on state orders; or
- A member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, spouse and dependents(s) serving on active duty under an order of the President of the United States.
Applicants may submit a Federal Post Card Application beginning January 1st of each year.
A Federal Post Card Application should be emailed or mailed to our office. By Texas law, if an FPCA is faxed, the original application must also be mailed and received in our office within 4 business days.