JURY TRIALS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2020 YEAR HAVE BEEN CANCELED.
When you receive your jury summons you should open it, read the card, and review this website prior to calling the number on the card. View a Blank Sample Juror Summons (PDF) for an example.
Lost Jury Summons
If you have lost your summons, see the clerk and a summons will be reprinted for you.
New Jury Room Location
To reach the new central jury room you must enter through the door facing the alley between the main courthouse and the courthouse annex. There is a small sign with an arrow pointing to the door. Each Monday (or Tuesday after a Monday holiday) that jurors are summoned you will enter through the alley door and go through security.
Arriving for Jury Duty
It is helpful to arrive before 8:15 a.m. This will allow you to go through security and be seated by 8:15 a.m.
When you enter the courthouse, you will pass through a metal detector and anything you carry will pass through an x-ray machine. Guns, knives, and other weapons are strictly prohibited.
If you have been either summoned or selected for jury duty, you may park in the parking lot directly across from the courthouse at 501 Washington Avenue.
There is 1 courtroom that has assistive listening devices available. Inform the clerk’s staff when summoned for jury duty that you will need assistance in hearing in the courtroom. Arrangements can be made for other assistance for jurors if you require an interpreter for the hearing impaired. Please contact the McLennan County District Clerk’s Office at 254-757-5054 with any questions or requests.
- Why is jury service important?
- What is my duty as a juror?
- How was I selected?
- Will I paid for being a juror?
- Must my employer pay me while I am on jury duty?
- Who can have a jury trial?
- Are there rules about jury conduct?
- How is a juror selected for a particular case?
- What is Voir Dire or questioning of the jury panel?
- What if I have a special need or emergency?
- How do I obtain an excuse for my employer?
- What are the different types of cases?