- Departments F-Z
- Human Resources
Join the McLennan County Team
Our workforce is a reflection of the varied and all-encompassing services we provide, so employees are diverse in skill, experience and background. McLennan County is the perfect place to start a long-term career serving our community.
McLennan County, Texas exists to provide essential services to citizens of the County through the leadership of locally elected and appointed officials and by following the guiding principles of equity, fairness, respect, financial sustainability, transparency, and operational excellence.
McLennan County’s vision is to be financially responsible with County resources and efficient in service delivery. We commit to a culture of innovation, excellence, and transparency, while providing the highest level of customer service to the citizens and businesses of the County.
Equal Opportunity Employer
McLennan County is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits employment discrimination practices which are based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Please review the following information prior to applying:
- McLennan County only accepts online applications for currently posted full-time positions and posted and/or vacant part-time positions.
- Some departments require current resumes. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of applications and/or the Work History section. Depending on the position for which you are applying, college transcripts, writing samples, and/or completion of a work-related exercise may be required during the application process.
- Job postings remain open for a minimum of 5 working days in order to give all qualified applicants an opportunity to apply. Positions that are carried over after 5 working days may be closed at any time.
- All applicants must complete a separate application for each position for which they are applying.
- Applications are sent to the department responsible for hiring. Qualified applicants will be notified of a scheduled interview by the department responsible for hiring. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
- Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
View 2022 McLennan County Benefit Guide
Texas County & District Retirement (TCDRS)
- 250% Employer Matching
- 7% compound interest earning
- 8 year vesting
Competitive Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- As a new full-time employee of McLennan County, you become eligible for benefits effective on the 1st of the month after 31 calendar days of continuous service.
- United Healthcare Long Term Disability
- United Healthcare Short Term Disability
Vacation Leave, Sick Leave & Holidays for Full-Time Employees
- Vacation leave accrues at a rate of .0385 hours per worked
- Sick leave accrues at the rate of .0462 hours per worked
- 12 paid holidays
|Tenure (Completed Years)||Step Pay||Base Pay Plus Step|
Hear From Our Employees....
“ I enjoy working for the county because my elected official believes in the importance of family. My family is very important to me, and my department understands when I need to be with my family. The county offers a nice benefit package such as retirement and paid holidays.”
“I love that I have the opportunity to serve the people of McLennan County and that work with people that care about me as a person as well as my professional growth.”
“I love what I do and the people I work with. Everybody here is family and you really feel good when you come to work. The opportunity to do what I do and make our County safer brings me joy.”
“I enjoy working for McLennan County because it is more than just a job, it is a family. The camaraderie makes the time spent at work much more enjoyable. I have truly gained friendships for life here at the County.”
“I enjoy the variety of work and working with my hands. Mostly I enjoy the quality of people I work with, they make coming to work fun everyday.”
“Working for McLennan County allows me to make a difference in the community where I grew up, especially the youth as a Juvenile Probation Officer.”
“Our team at McLennan County is like a family and if you enjoy your co-workers, you enjoy being at work.”
“In 2019 I transitioned from a hospital Emergency Department Supervisor to Director of Nurses at McLennan Co. Jail. The transition has been one of the most challenging but rewarding experiences during my tenure as a Registered Nurse. I enjoy working here due to the challenges of correctional nursing, and the opportunity to work with individuals at one of their most vulnerable times. Correctional nursing can be satisfying as nurses can go home at the end of their shift knowing they were an advocate for a vulnerable patient..”
“I’ve been employed with McLennan County for 12 years. I enjoy being part of my work family. Our team is a joy to be a part of and I enjoy coming to work everyday.”
“The best part of working at the McLennan County Veteran Service Office is getting to help our local veterans and their families with all types of benefits, community projects, or anything else needed by the veteran. There is nothing more rewarding then having a veteran or family member tell us they were awarded benefits with the help of our office.”
“We have the opportunity of helping our community in ways that others are unable to. Hard work never goes unnoticed in our field. I am proud to be part of a County that is devoted in helping those around. This is not only a job but a place where you become family.”